What is exceptional in this page is that Antonio uses it to "work" literally with the students. It has become an online workspace for both homework and reinforcement activities.
I think it is a wonderful way of bringing the school work at home, and involving parents in the learning of a new language (as well as taking the language out of the school, of course!)
Among other things, children can find extension activities such as “listenings”, readings, songs and games. He recommends these tools and sites for reinforcement:
- Hot potatoes
- Ompersonal dictations and listening for Spanish speakers.
- howjsay.com A free online Talking Dictionary of English Pronunciation.
- brainpop.com Animated Science, Health, Technology, Math, Social Studies, Arts & Music and English movies, quizzes, activity pages and school homework help for K-12 kids, ...
- Science zone from Woodlands Junior Schol.
- http://www.candohelperpage.com/ A site for children, parents and teachers looking for content and practice activities in the primary reading area.
Motivation is paramount!